Friday, October 10, 2008

So much for "habit"...

It's not as if there isn't anything to write about.  Maybe there's too much.

1.  Economy - scary.  Not hopeless if you're creative and willing to put in the effort.
2.  Politics - disgusting.  That's why I've decided that I am subscribing to the anarchism political philosophy.  I'll start running for office and my first act upon election will be to abolish my position.
3.  Church - or as they call it in the 'hood... "chuch"... exciting, hopeful, strong.  Undoubtedly, the highlight of my life.
4.  Family - thank heaven I have one.  And they're good and supportive.  
5.  Work - tough and rewarding.  And that's what brings people together.  We have a good team and that's what it is all about.
6.  Soccer - analogy for life.  Brings joy and brings pain.  People make it fun, brutal, challenging and possible.
7.  Mantra - "Joy in the Journey" - thanks President Monson.
8.  Prayer - It works.  Do it.  And try to get better at it.  Best advice regarding prayer:  If you don't feel like praying, get on your knees and pray until you do.
9.  Dogs - Woman's best friend.  Can't imagine life without them.  It would be very boring.
10.  Music - Evocative.  It has the power to conjure up almost any thought, memory, emotion or feeling.  It is the universal expression and it transcends language.  When humans get to the point where we don't need language to communicate, our means will probably be through music.

Now I've got 10 more posts all lined up.  We'll see what happens.

No comments: