Sunday, August 12, 2012

Good genes

Having good genes is such a blessing.  I mean, you generally have to play the cards you're dealt.  If you end up with a hand with losers, then it's tough to pull a winning round out of that.  So having a hand of aces is definitely a plus.

It's also well to have some strong attributes, even if you have some other less-than-stellar traits.  It's also a matter of taking what you've been given and playing to those strengths.

I've always been realistic enough to know that modeling and high-level elite athletics was not in my future.  But that's okay.  I did get some pretty darn good attributes from each gene pool.

Namely ...

Good hair

Analytical mind

Soft heart

Sense of humor

Strong teeth & bones

Decent immune system

Good manual dexterity

Above average IQ (at least that's what I've been told - maybe I was just told that and didn't have the intelligence to know the difference.  That would be ironic.)

Ability to receive and process information, learn and assimilate it

Thanks Mom and Dad.  I hope that I am making good use of those good genes.

No comments: