Thursday, September 29, 2011

Well, since no one reads this anyway ...


... I might as well post all of those intemperate thoughts that come to me at random times. It usually has something to do with religion or politics, two topics that really aren't the best to bring up among decent company. And both of which usually lead to anger or hard feelings.

***********DISCLAIMER*************
If you are not prepared to hear MY unvarnished truth, as *I* see it, then read no further. Certainly your comments are welcome (in the event that you happen to actually read this) and certainly I can be open to thoughtful, logical discourse. If your feelings tend to be easily hurt when others disagree with you or if you're looking to pick a fight, take it somewhere else.
Thank you.
*************************************

So let me tell you how I really feel. Our current government leaders are scheisse. Self-serving, myopic, dishonest, out-of-touch, dishonorable, etc. etc. That is from Obama on down.

But you know what? We got what we deserve. As long as WE are self-serving, myopic, dishonest, out-of-touch, dishonorable, etc. etc. that is EXACTLY what we will get - a reflection of ourselves. I am sad and disgusted when I see the hordes of 'sheep-ple' following blindly the leaders that they vote for. And instead of holding them accountable for doing what is best for the country, state or municipality, the "constituents" look for freebies and perks to benefit themselves only. See? We are what we elect.

Many people are just too stupid to have a vote, I think. If they can't hold down a job, pay taxes, contribute to society, then how can they be trusted to select our representatives? And since those who are currently sucking off the teat of the benevolence of the American taxpayer nearly equal the number of those supporting them, we are in a world of trouble. This "forced charity" just simply pisses me off. If the government is willing to force me, at gunpoint and with threat of prison, to pay into this dysfunctional system, then why can't we change this system to force those who are the leeches and parasites on the ass of the system, at gunpoint or with threat of prison, to support themselves and their dependents?

I don't buy the sob stories anymore. I don't buy the low expectations anymore. "Oh, those poor people ... wah, wah, wah..." Go ahead and treat people like they are poor and they will continue to feel poor, act poor, think poor. And if your agenda is served by that (the dependency you create, the greater your job security), then I totally understand your condescending perspective. However, as a social service professional, I would LOVE to see a day when my job is obsolete. Unfortunately, thanks to the perpetual stream of government give-a-ways and the endless supply of people waiting in line to snatch them up, that will NOT happen in my lifetime.

So I guess when we eventually go back to primitive living conditions and each has to be self-sufficient, we'll see who really can survive. Because that's where we're headed. We can't continue under the enormous weight of our selfishness and short-sightedness. And we can't survive leaders who can't say "NO." Think of how that affects your own household, then put that on a exponential scale of 300 million people.

But those politicians don't have to worry about that ... they are in their own personal bubbles of affluence, with their special pensions and healthcare plans. Their kids go to private schools, while they rant about the RIGHT of every child to a QUALITY PUBLIC EDUCATION. Those three words can seldom be used in the same sentence, much less in the same phrase. I'd love to see Obama or Hillary or Romney spend a day in the classroom of a typical kindergarten teacher, who has an unruly student that throws books at the teacher and punches his fellow students in the stomach. Those politicians DO NOT have a clue. They just have an agenda.

Yes, I'm disgusted. There are VERY FEW, if any, elected officials that warrant my respect. They are sleazy, incompetent and cowardly. Which is not much better than I can say for many of the people who vote for them.

No comments: