Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Back in the saddle

I fell off a horse once.  Lucky for me I landed on my sister.  Not so lucky for her though.  Without the extreme pain, it wasn't so bad to get back on the horse again and continue to ride. 

I've fallen off a bicycle too.  A few times, actually.  And the pain again wasn't so bad that I couldn't get back on the bike and ride.  The memory of the pain faded much more quickly and did not override the pleasure of riding. 

So I've fallen off of the progress wagon over the past week.  I was doing fairly well with the commitment to spend ten minutes or more writing.  As you may have noticed, the content is not so important.  It's more about the habit and conditioning that muscle. 

For someone who used to write daily, that is one muscle that has long been dormant.  So I'm not expecting miracles - that I'll instantly be the consummate writer, with creativity and inspiration flowing from every pore.  Ha. I would just like to reignite that passion for writing again.  I miss being able to express myself in that way and doing it with ease. 

Since that time, so much has changed.  For one, I am no longer the whiny young person whose so-called love life was a disaster ... at least in my eyes.  The whiny girl who acted as if the world revolved around the calamity of love lost and BFF betrayal.  (Actually, I really didn't have a BFF back then, which is probably why I turned to writing to a journal - "whoever" was whom I addressed at the time.)

So now I have a husband - of twenty-five years, I am proud to say - and I've accomplished a few things and spent some time learning about the world around me over the thirty-odd years since the journaling days.  I'm sure that the tone of the writing will have changed in that time.  At least the content is not so "emo" anymore. 

So maybe I'll spend some time drawing on the experiences I've had.  Or I can share insights that I've acquired through that experience.  Or maybe just humorous observations.  If anyone can find some value from it, that will make me happy.  I just want to help.

No comments: