Friday, June 22, 2012

Something about flan ...

... that makes me want to wax poetic.  Okay, so I didn't quite get everything done and I missed out on my walk/ride/swim because of a summer rainshower (although I didn't see or hear thunder or lightning, my sources claim it was lurking and I am not about to take a chance.)

That is okay.  Because a little cup of flan makes everything okie dokie. 

So in about two weeks, I'll hit my last birthday before a half a century.  The most amazing thing to me is how much I still have to learn.  It seems like the older and wiser you get, the more you realize what you DON'T know.  And now I'm finding that it's not even so much about the knowledge you acquire, but how you apply it and more importantly, having the discipline to master the steps to apply knowledge. 

It's a process.  A constant evolution.  Thankfully, we can keep moving forward.  And as a wise person once said, if your not moving forward and learning and growing, you're dying.

I don't want to die.  I want to live!  There are too many great things left to experience, to accomplish, to savor ... like flan! 


No comments: