Sunday, June 24, 2012

Success!

It is a principle that success breeds success.  And acknowledging even small successes puts us into a frame of mind to further succeed and achieve.  Over the coming days, I am switching up the writing exercise to focus on principles such as this one to further accelerate the progress I've been realizing over the past four and a half months.  The writing exercise has been a good one for me - awakening those muscles that used to be quite strong, compliant and robust.  It's beginning to feel more natural and my eagerness to do it is increasing.

So that is a success that I hereby acknowledge - I am writing again on a regular basis and it's becoming less like drudgery and "gotta do."

Another success that I would like to acknowledge is that today I rewarded myself with something that I would not normally do - I paid a visit to a new community and toured a couple of open houses.  I also spent some time just wandering and window shopping at these unique little handicraft stores.  I really enjoyed being in the midst of the vintage feel and the rustic vibe.

Today I (along with Harvey) prepared a lesson for the youth in our ward and delivered it as intended.  I really enjoyed the time we spent with the young people and see so much good in them.  I even told them so.

I shared a personal story with a group of women at church.  I believe that in sharing it, I was able to encourage them to befriend those who aren't in our midst. 

This had been a very focused entry and that is my final success which I will acknowledge for today.  It's been one thing to write about whatever comes to mind.  This had served to demonstrate to myself that I am moving to the next level of achievement.  And that I will continue to celebrate in the coming days.

No comments: