Monday, June 18, 2012

Positive about negativity

It's a challenge to stay positive.  Our brains and nature are easily influenced towards negativity.  It's basic and a product of laziness.  Let's face it, it's easier to just give up because there is no hope than it is to buckle down and improve the situation.

No one, except for other negative people, want to be around negative people.  They must bring everyone down with them.  What is the saying?  Misery loves company?

On the other hand, some of the most amazing people I've had the pleasure of meeting and associating with are also the most positive people.  They never complain, criticize, grumble or moan.  They find the silver lining in every cloud and lift people up with their buoyant mood and complimentary words.  That is the kind of personality that anyone should try to emulate.

I've learned about the universal laws that what you focus on increases and what you project to the universe comes back to you.  So it only stands to reason that the more negative you are, the more negative your life becomes.  Likewise, the more positive you are, the more positive your life becomes.

So my pledge to myself and everyone around me - to be positive, complimentary, upbeat, "glass half full", hopeful and happy.  If anyone catches me in a glum mood or seemingly angry or critical, please tap me gently on the shoulder and remind me of my pledge.  And we should also be mindful of the ultimate outcome of a positive attitude - abundance, blessings, happiness and a cheerier disposition.  Who wouldn't want that?

No comments: