Thursday, June 28, 2012

Supah stah!

I have to admit that I like the daily acknowledgement of successes more and more.  Even the small things give me a sense of accomplishment.  Who doesn't need a pat on the back now and then?

So today I helped an organization evaluate their process for serving their clients.  I think that I was able to add some meaningful input to the discussion.

After submitting a stellar proposal yesterday, I followed up today and received an immediate response and suspensed the recipient for a determination (by early next week... before July 4th?)  Given our favor with "friends in high places," I suspect that the proposal will be well received.  (And I just pinged those "friends" so that influence will be brought to bear.)

I got some tasky stuff finished today.  Although not as high a priority as the big picture, strategic sort of things, it still makes me feel good to get those off my list.

And speaking of strategic, I reconnected with our thinkx planner and moved that project forward a little bit.  Not sure what will come of it, as he will be leaving again soon.  However, we can get things underway at least.

On a more momentous front, our first Black Tie Soccer Game committee meeting took place and I was able to contribute to that effort.  We've only just begun to get it together with that project, although this evening was a great first step.

It feels wonderful to see forward movement towards goals and actions that benefit not only my well-being, but that of others.  That's probably the most important accomplishment that anyone could achieve.



No comments: