Thursday, July 12, 2012

Big, hairy, audacious goals

Many of us are programmed to be humble and unassuming.  Being brash and braggadocious (how in the heck is that spelled?) is just not polite.  Especially for the gentile and cultured. 

Besides, those big goals are for the big and successful people - like T. Bone Pickens, Donald Trump, Ross Perot.  In fact, I'm hard pressed to come up with any brash and braggadocious women off the top of my head, other than actresses.  And in those cases, one would imagine that it's more of an act than that they are really like that.

So as we quietly labor away at the mundane and mediocre little goals that we are taught to set for ourselves (i.e. get a raise this year, pay off the car, get a college degree, etc.), those with big, hairy, audacious goals are zooming past us on the road of life.  They dared to dream big and not be limited by what others' narrow beliefs may entail.

Isn't that what this whole American dream is all about?  Where are the limits really?  Who sets them?  They are SELF-IMPOSED. 

Believe it or not, most people are not afraid to fail ... they are afraid to SUCCEED!  Why is that?  Darned if I know.  I get stuck in that non-visionary thinking often times too.  That's why I'm really trying to bust my brain to open up and think BIG!  Mind power is where it's at.

I'm tested it out now and I'll keep you posted on that.  It's looking promising though.  Stay tuned.

No comments: