Thursday, July 12, 2012

Small victories

When the large and daunting tasks lie ahead, it's reassuring to acknowledge the small accomplishments.  When struggling to see progress and feeling as though nothing has been achieved, there can always be something, however minor, to hang your hat on.

Today included 35 minutes of physical activity in the form of bicycling and swimming.  I am feeling better each day and the weight continues to be released.

I was able to present the new/revised organizational structure for the program staff and introduced new job descriptions.

While only one person attended, I did host the girls' camp debrief meeting.  It was nice to chat with Leslie and get to know her better.

I helped a friend find a potential new place to live that is better suited to his life and work situation.

Something that I am really happy and proud about - I avoided the worst traffic.  Seriously, that's notable here.

Since I am extremely focused this month on the health issues, some of the other items have suffered or at least aren't progressing as quickly as before.  I need to test this and see how specific and focused I can and need to be.  Also, how much is too much?  Trying to do too much is as bad as not doing anything at all.

So my last accomplishment is striking a balance.

No comments: