Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Partner in crime

Okay, I admit it... I like to be the center of attention.  And yes, I do like receiving credit where credit is due.  Sure, I'm a bit self-absorbed.  And?

It's a gift, I guess.

On a serious note, though, I have to speak on someone who doesn't get nearly enough credit for his contribution to MY success.  That is my partner in crime, Harvey.

We've been scheming together for the past 26 plus years.  In a variety of areas - work, money, soccer, social life, etc.  I have to say that I don't dare make a major move without his consultation.  I trust his judgement and I respect his opinion about things.  He's one of the smartest people I know.  He has to be to keep up with me - and I mean that.

He tends to downplay his contribution and value, but let me tell you, I'd be lost without him.  When he leaves me, he better not completely leave me, if you know what I mean.  I'm not much for wanting an intentional haunting, except in that case.

I just love how we see eye to eye in most cases.  We have had some disagreements, but nothing to lose sleep over (except for a couple of very, very rare occasions, which we got past really quickly.)  He's the other half of my brain.

So I'm not one for mushy stuff either.  Neither of us have much for public displays of affection - in fact, many people don't even realize we're married until we say something.  We just don't make a big deal about it.  For us, it's a perfect partnership, no need to broadcast it or reaffirm it or seek approval.  We've never really thought about having outside validation because it's what makes us happy and we belong together.  Like ______________ (insert trite example here of two things that are inseparable.) 

So here it is, my public expression of appreciation for my best friend and soul mate.  I love him more than words can say.  (Insert Freddie Jackson song here.)  I never want to be without him.

No comments: