Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Celebrate more successes

I've been taught that we should celebrate our accomplishments each and every day.  Even if those accomplishments seem small or insignificant. Everyone needs to feel positive momentum to keep moving forward.  Okay, that seems like circular logic or something like that.  I guess it stands to reason that if we're moving forward, we feel positive momentum ... ah, nevermind.

As is every day of this wonderful life, today was a great day.  It was good to get together with an amazing team and discuss action items for the upcoming week.  Everyone seems to be energized and engaged.  These are some great people and it's a thrill to be working with them.

We got a new young volunteer started officially today.  She's going to be great.  Young, energetic, smart, passionate.  I'm looking forward to seeing what she contributes.  I'm sure it will be greater than expected.

Although the weather was a washout - not much we can do about that - the day ended with a sense of anticipation for a positive experience for the kids tomorrow.  I'm really looking forward to having their involvement and input.  It will be great to get more of that perspective.

Fundraising efforts seem to be on track.  I'll have a better idea once the dashboard is updated.  We're certainly in better shape now than we've ever been.

While I sometime feel overwhelmed - I know that things will get done in their due time and order and that I must remain positive and focused.  I feel good, overall, and will not submit to panic or fretting - that is instant paralysis for me.

In all, a good day and looking forward to another one tomorrow.

No comments: